W16 has been a big success for Movac this year and it was exciting to show off some of our innovative premium quality finishes.
The event took place at the NEC in Birmingham from Sunday 2 October to Wednesday 5 October 2016 and was a high profile national show for joinery and furniture industries, showcasing the latest products and developments to an industry which constantly searches for differentiated products and production capability.
This year Movac’s theme was to encourage people to ‘enter our world’ and enjoy our coatings shown on a wide range of surfaces and materials within a homely familiar environment.
Some of our paints debuted at the show and included:
- Sayerlack Water Based Coffee Proof Coating - This new product range gives a finish not only resistant to coffee spills, but has an excellent surface hardness, with good smooth slip and feel, and being a 1K product it has no pot-life during application. This single component coating is available in any colour.
- Sayerlack Matt Black Scratch-Proof Polyurethane Coating - Developed for multi-coat application it gives excellent scratch and fingernail resistance. As a fast drying, easily applied coating, this has been made possible with the development of a special new matting agent.
- Sayerlack High Gloss Fire Retardant Coating – This newly developed technology of a polyester fire retardant basecoat and an acrylic high gloss fire retardant topcoat gives the possibility for a polished mirror gloss finish with fire retardant benefits.
- Sayerlack 3D Magnetic Storm Coating - This product allows the user to easily create designs through the use of magnets. It gives endless possibilities for the creative applicator.
- Sayerlack Chrome Mirror Effect Coating - This is a newly developed 1K coating which when applied to glass gives a mirror effect with excellent reflectance.
Managing Director, Mark Smith of Movac, said: “We hope that visitors enjoyed the W16 Show as much as we enjoyed exhibiting there. We built on the previous success of our Stand at W14, a fashion catwalk of colour, which proved popular.
“It was a fantastic event that allowed us to showcase some of our amazing paints and lacquers, by displaying them on many items in vibrant eye-catching colours. We wanted to inspire people to embrace and unleash your colour.”
If you missed the show you can watch our new video from the exhibition by clicking here: watch video.