Our Technical Hot Spots are an ongoing series of short videos highlighting new product launches and featured products, giving technical advice to everyone.
The aim of our videos is to give all the relevant information on products in an easily accessible format showing how the products are mixed and used along with additional pertinent information.
Click on the tab on the left of our website ‘Technical Hot Spot Library’ to view. The tenth Hot Spot follows on with our theme of environmentally safer coatings and focuses on the Sayerlack AT99 range of water based topcoats.
Sayerlack AT99 range is a 1K water based topcoat suitable for all areas of internal joinery and furniture along with timber constructed items such as picture frames.
The new updated formulation for 2018 gives excellent hardness and good chemical resistance with increased vertical hold, better deaeration during application, improved colour stability and less health and safety notifications than the previous formulation.
- High solid content and excellent coverage
- Can be applied with an application weight of 120 - 140g/m² by any type of spraying equipment onto a suitable prepared substrate with water based or Polyester base coat properly dried and sanded
- Supplied in a ready to use format but if thinning is required a maximum of 5% drinking water may be used
- It may also have its chemical resistance further improved with the addition of optional cross-linker XA4080 at 0.5 - 1%
- Used as a 1K product with a film weight of 120g/m² it is dust free in 30 minutes and touch dry in 70 minutes at 20°c
- Drying times may be shortened considerably with forced air drying with warm air at higher temperatures
- Sayerlack AT99 range provides a coating rated to FIRA 6250 severe use making it ideal for all items where high levels of physical and chemical performance is required
Available from stock in Matt, Satin and Semi-Gloss sheens levels AT99 range is available in virtually any colour in pack sizes from 1L to 25L giving you the flexibility of supply whatever your job size demands.
For advice on Sayerlack innovative wood solutions or other coating related question contact your local Sales Executive on 0844 561 0070.